501 Riders Waiver of Liability
As consideration for being allowed to participate in 501Riders rides and events, I agree:
1. I acknowledge that motorcycle activity is a potentially hazardous activity which can be a test of a person’s physical and mental limits and carries with it the potential for death, serious injury and property loss. The risks include, but are not limited to, those caused by terrain, facilities, temperature, weather, condition of participants, volunteers, spectators, agents, and 501Riders members. These risks are not only inherent to riders, but are also present for passengers, spectators and volunteers. I hereby assume all of the risks of participating, viewing and/or volunteering for events by 501Riders. I realize that liability may arise from negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities organizing or conducting this event and hereby release them of all possible liability. I certify I am at least 18 years old. I promise not to sue and agree to pay all court costs and all attorney fees that result from my action, civil or otherwise.
2. I certify that I am physically fit with no known physical or mental impairment and have prepared for participation in the event(s). I acknowledge that this Accident Waiver and Release of Liability form will be used by the event holders, sponsors and organizers of the event(s), in which I may participate and that it will govern my actions and responsibilities at said events. I certify that I am not under the influence of any narcotic, alcohol or other drug that may impair my understanding or judgment, I certify that I have fully adequate insurance to cover all medical claims, the motorcycle and any other equipment and any damage or liability I may ultimately be found responsible for, during all travel to the point of my entry into the Event, the Event, and the period between the end of the Event and my return to my final destination. I further certify that I have all the insurance required by law and I am licensed and competent to operate a motorcycle in a safe manner and my license has all motorcycle endorsements or certificates required by my state of residence.
3. In consideration of my being permitted to participate in any 501Riders ride or event, I hereby take action for myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors, and assign as follows: (A) Waive, Release and Discharge from any and all liability for my death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft or actions of any kind which may hereafter accrue to me during the event or during my traveling to and from this event, THE FOLLOWING ENTITIES OR PERSONS: 501 Riders, Dietrich Duke, Event Organizers, members and volunteers and (B) indemnify and Hold Harmless or claims made by other individuals or entities or persons mentioned in this paragraph from any and all liabilities or claims made by other individuals or entities as a result of my actions during this event. Accordingly, I do hereby release and discharge 501 Riders, Dietrich Duke, volunteers, sponsors, beneficiaries, representatives and agents, and their officers, agents and employees from all claims, demands, and causes of action of every kind whatsoever for any death, damages and/or injuries which may result from my participation in this event. This shall be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law.
4. I hereby consent to received medical treatment, which may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident and/or illnesses during the event(s). I agree to pay for any and all costs related to medical response, treatment and transport on my behalf.
5. I certify I will wear the personal protective equipment while operating my motorcycle at this event that is or may be required by the United States and/or any state in which my participation occurs and that my motorcycle and all required personal protective equipment are in safe operational condition. I agree to abide by the directions/rules given by 501Riders and understand that my privilege to ride may be removed without recourse if I am in violations of the rules set forth or acting/performing in an unsafe manner, or any manner disruptive to the operation of the event(s).
6. I agree to pay for all expenses (including, but not limited to, lodging, food, beverages, gasoline, oil, repairs and maintenance and any other costs or expense I may incur) intending that 501Riders and it's Members shall be totally free of such costs and expense.
7. As additional consideration for being allowed to participate in the event(s) described below, I hereby assign to 501Riders and claim I have or might have, in contract or in tort in any way, shape, form or fashion arising out of its action, the actions of other riders and anyone that participates in or comes in contact with participants in the event(s). This assignment is intended by all parties to be a full and complete assignment of any claim I have against 501Riders, volunteers, sponsors, beneficiaries, representatives and agents, and their officers, agents and employees or may have against entities and individuals listed in this paragraph whether directly or through third parties. The intent of the parties is that 501Riders, Dietrich Duke, volunteers, sponsors, beneficiaries, representatives and agents, and their officers, agents and employees shall be liability free with regard to anything in any way connected with the event(s).
8. I hereby release 501 Riders from any and all claims based upon or arising out of the use, reproduction, distribution, display or performance of all or any part of the photographs or recording, or any derivative thereof, including any claim of invasion of privacy or right of publicity.
9. I hereby grant full permission to 501 Riders and Dietrich and/or Elizabeth Duke, to use my likeness and name (if necessary) with a photograph and/or video footage in any publication or advertising materials (printed or electronic), including website and social media entries. This consent also serves to waive all rights of privacy or compensation which I may have in connection with the use of my photograph, video and name.
I hereby hold harmless and release and forever discharge the 501 Riders, Vestra Media, Interstate 411, Dietrich and Elizabeth Duke, and any other entities solely owned by Dietrich Duke, from all claims, demands, and causes of action which I have or may have by reason of this authorization.
I recognize that all photographs and video taken by 501Riders or Dietrich and/or Elizabeth Duke, are the property of Dietrich and/or Elizabeth Duke.
I hereby certify that I have read this Waiver, Release and Assignment of Claims in its entirety. My registration at 501Riders.com indicates that I fully understand it and agree to its contents.
Note: Your information is being stored on 501Riders.com. It WILL NOT be sold or given to any 3rd party unless necessary for the event in question.