What a year it’s been! As we wind down the 2020 riding season and start looking forward to 2021, we want to share a few reminders with everyone.
1. Just because it’s getting cold outside, doesn’t mean we won’t still be riding. However, due to crazy Arkansas weather, it is near impossible to schedule rides further than a week out. We have scheduled one winter ride — the Toys for Tots Parade ride. All other winter rides will likely be posted no further out than a week ahead of time. Stay tuned to 501Riders.com for the latest rides!
2. We will be purging inactive and duplicate accounts on 501Riders.com in late December. This only applies to 501Riders.com and not the Facebook Group.
3. As many of you may have noticed, the website has undergone a redesign. If you haven’t already, take a look around and let us know what you think. In the future, we are planning on a classifieds section for members, as well as a more social-enabled site — for those of you who don’t like facebook, or who are in facebook jail for some reason or another 🙂 Stay tuned!
4. We have solidified our rules of the ride. You can read them here. There is a link to the rules, as well as our waiver, at the bottom of each event’s RSVP section. In fact, by submitting your RSVP you agree to both the waiver of liability and the rules of the ride.
5. Speaking of rides, we have published quite a few for next year. That said, a few notes about next years rides:
- Most of the advanced-scheduled rides will be on a Saturday. Should weather prevent us from riding on a Saturday, the ride will be moved to the next day (Sunday) or the following Saturday…
- If you RSVP for a ride, make sure you check your email — all ride-related information will be disseminated via email first.
- If you RSVP for a ride and need to cancel, please use the link found in your RSVP approval email. If for some reason that doesn’t work, try the MY RSVP’s section, and then (and only then) please contact the ride leader or event POC.
- Most of our spring and fall rides will now include a picnic-style lunch stop at a park. Such rides will have lunch information in their RSVP forms. You are, of course, free to bring your own, but we do offer a community lunch option for $10 or $15 for a couple.
- Some info on the community lunch options:
- If you opt for the community lunch option, you must pay online at the time of your RSVP. We accept all major credit cards, PayPal, and Google Pay. Your booking will not be approved until paid.
- Bookings made within 48 hours of KSU are not eligible for community lunch. If you choose community lunch as an option past this time, your booking will be rejected.
- Should you cancel your RSVP, we will refund 100% of your purchase up to 48 hours before the event.
- If you have any menu requests or dietary restrictions, there is a box on the form for this.
- Excess lunch funds will be held in the 501Riders PayPal account for future events.
- Some info on the community lunch options:
- Summer rides will still have a restaurant component as nobody wants to eat while sweating and we all enjoy our AC 🙂
6. As more and more people disconnect from Facebook, we are beginning to transition most of our communications to email and text. As such, it is very important that your email address and phone number are correct on the site. You can find all your profile information by clicking the COG (on desktops) or the menu icon on mobiles and selecting “Account Details“.
7. We have several adventure rides and overnight events planned for next year. These can all be found on the Rides page on 501Riders.com. Take a look and RSVP early for these.
8. Have questions or need help?
- If you have general questions, please check out our FAQ at https://501riders.com/faq/
- If you need to change your account information or link/unlink Facebook, you can do that at https://501riders.com/my-account/edit-account/
- If you need to cancel an RSVP and can’t find your approval email, try looking in your MY RSVPs section https://501riders.com/rides/my-bookings/
- If you have a ride suggestion or would like help planning one, please use our ride submission form at https://501riders.com/ride-submission-form/
- If you need to contact an admin and you don’t use facebook or it is being stupid, you can always email [email protected]
That’s pretty much it for now. We’ll see you on the road!
Your friends at 501Riders